* Welcome to the 24th episode of the Boss Girl Creative Podcast!! In Today's episode, Jennifer and I discuss Do-Follow links and No-Follow links and what that means + Affiliate Income
* Have comments or questions? Tweet/IG using the hashtag #BOSSGIRLQA or call in: (707) BOSS-GIRL
* Have you seen the BGC Intensive??
* Support Boss Girl Creative endeavors by joining the BGC Crew!
* Join me on Periscope (@pnkheelspnktrk) on Wednesday nights at 9pm CST for a live Q&A answer session!! Send me your questions through email, phone or #BOSSGIRLQA on Twitter/Instagram
* Want a direct link to the podcast feed? Click here.
* Use these Hashtags on Social Media: #bossgirlcreative #bossgirlQA
INSIDE THIS EPISODE
* No-Follow Links
* Do-Follow Links
* Affiliate Income
* Google's Webmaster Policy about No-Follow Links
* Link schemes
"No-follow links is a bit of HTML code that you add into your link that is going outbound to a brand, boutique, product or service. If you are getting paid to write about said brand or service or product or whatever, if it's in money or product compensation, you need to be no-following these links. That tells Google that you either a) don't trust the source or you've been paid. One of the two." Taylor Bradford
"If you are being paid to talk about a brand or service, your links going to that brand or service have to be no-follow links." Taylor Bradford
"Some people will say, oh well it's just Google. But, Hello! It's GOOGLE! Google runs the internet. If you blog, you are on the internet. And you do not want to piss off the Google gods...EVER!" Jennifer Salter
"It's going to hurt your brand and their brand simultaneously if you don't follow these rules." Taylor Bradford
"When it comes to this kind of stuff, go to the source." Jennifer Salter
"Ignorance is not bliss." Taylor Bradford
"Start doing your research on how to go about doing these things the right way." Taylor Bradford
"Do your own research and know 100%. Even in the articles that you and I have written about these kinds of subjects, we have both said we are quoting these sources, but go read these sources for yourself. Interpret them yourself. Get the knowledge in your own head so that you can stand up for your own brand." Jennifer Salter
"At the end of the day, no one else is representing you." Taylor Bradford
"If you are an Amazon Associate, you cannot send out affiliate links through an RSS Feed or a newsletter." Taylor Bradford
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED
*Links below may contain Affiliate Links. Purchasing through them help support Boss Girl Creative.*
Google Webmaster Policy on No-Follow links
Google's stance on Paid Links
Do-Follow/No-Follow via #BLOGGINGEDUMACATION
Plugin for Wordpress: Remove Amazon Links from RSS Feed
No one got mentioned. Lots of great advice!
FIND TAYLOR ONLINE
Blog - pinkheelspinktruck.com
Instagram - @pnkheelspnktrk
Facebook - PinkHeelsPinkTruck
Pinterest - pnkheelspnktrk
Twitter - @pnkheelspnktrk
FIND JENNIFER ONLINE
Blog - Busy Being Jennifer
Instagram - @BusyBeingJennifer
Handmade Biz - Homespun Happiness
Facebook - facebook.com/BusyBeingJennifer
Twitter - twitter.com/busybeingjenn
Shop Facebook - facebook.com/HomespunHappiness
Shop Instagram - instagram.com/shophomespunhappiness/
HELP SPREAD THE BOSS GIRL LOVE!
It would be amazeballs if you shared Boss Girl Creative Podcast with your fellow Boss Girls on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If you love this podcast, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave a rating, a review and subscribe!